The Bowling Green Area Lodging Association has stepped up their game when it comes to philanthropic activities in their community. The group has been holding bi-monthly initiatives to help local nonprofits. For mid-May through mid-July the group collected items for the Barren River Area Safe Space.
Items collected include:
- Hyatt Place: 8 sheets, 4 fitted sheets, 3 blankets, 11 towels/wash cloths, 3 pillow shams
- BG Area CVB: 6,000 Playtex maxipads (donated by Playtex)
- Staybridge Suites – $90 worth of personal care items (shampoo, soap, deodorant), 50-60 hamburgers/buns, 20 taco shells with meat
- TownePlace Suites – $130 worth of perishable and non-perishable food items, $50 worth of school supplies and toys, 40 wash cloths, 25 bath towels, 15 sets of sheets, used kitchenware, pots, pants, etc., 1 case of shampoo.
- Candlewood Suites – 84 blankets, multiple sheet sets, Mary Kay makeup.
The business collecting the most items wins a pizza party. Tori Hardin, Director of BRASS, will be attending the August association meeting to share with the group how these items benefit their clients.