President Michael Nunn called the meeting to order.
Vicki reported that they were working on an AirBNB bill, trying to stay ahead of the issue. Launched a new travel app today. Camaro Fest returning July 13-16, 2017. Telia traveling to Birmingham with the KY Department of Travel for PR pitches.
Janet Henderson from CVB came to ask for help with the Hot Rod Power Tour rooms. They need 250 rooms for Friday, June 16th but are having difficulties finding them due to the NHRA Hot Rod Reunion. She is also collecting items to give away each night of the HRPT since she will be going on its 6-night trip to various cities.
Joy Treasurer’s Report:
Passed out invoices for dues—they will not be due until April 15th. Reported a year-end purchase of feather banners, sandwich boards, banners, and a big check to replace the previous one.
Jamie from L&N reported they were resting from another successful run of the Polar Express. They are prepping for their next event in February that runs during Valentine’s Day week—the Romance at the Railpark dinner package. They are taking reservations on their website.
Lost River Cave:
Amanda from Lost River Cave reported about their 5k Snow Flurry Scurry.
Corvette Museum and Motorsports Park:
Katie reported that a Callaway Corvette exhibit is running January 13-Mary 5. The Motorsports Park is getting a fleet of cars that other people can drive, and go-karts. More information on those programs at the MSP hosted BGALA meeting in March. The NCM and MSP are attending the Louisville Auto Show next week. The Museum attendance was up 3.5% in 2016 at around 230,000 visitors.
Holiday Inn Plaza/Sloan:
National Council of Corvette Clubs Aug 19-26th. Their block is almost full as well as HGI and CY.
Jane reported that WKU goes back January 23. The university is still searching for a new president.
– New secretary nominations were taken. Ashley Crisp, GM at ABVI accepted the role and will begin her term February 2017. Her email is email@example.com
– July meeting plans are to hold a hospitality Olympics event, more details to come.
– Committee sign ups will be sent out via email—Philanthropy Committee, Scholarship Committee, CFC Committee
– BGALA Facebook has all meetings added as events, and will be updated on a regular basis.
– Raised 4k for the National Alzheimers Association with the Checkered Flag Chase. $1,100 for the Boys and Girls Club Christmas.
– We have the scholarship application online and ready. We will be sending it out and promoting it in the next week or so.
– The bylaws from where they were re-written and updated are finished. They will go before the board to approve them next month and will be presented to the membership at the February meeting so long as the board approves.
The next meeting is February 14, 2017 at the Holiday Inn University Plaza. The CVB will be presenting the Strategic Plan.