June 13, 2017 BGALA Meeting Minutes
National Corvette Museum:
-The 6th National Corvette Caravan is August 28-31, 2019 and is already booking up rooms! If you have any availability for these dates please email Katie!
-Plant tours will end June 18th and will not reopen for 18 months
-The GoKart track at the NCM Motorsports Park Opening has been postponed due to technological difficulties. We will update you with the new opening date as soon as possible. The Minimum height requirement is 60 in and will be $20 per person! Stay Tuned!
-NCM also introduced Derrick as their newest addition! He will be organizing and rotating all exhibits in the museum! Welcome Derrick!
Sloan Convention Center:
-LuLaroe show will be held July 15th from 10am-3pm
-The summer bridal fest will be on July 30th
Beech Bend Park:
-“Friday Night Lights” will begin at the park every Friday through the summer. Tickets will be $15.00 and there will be fireworks! This is a great family event!
-Congratulations to Beech Bend Park! The Golden Ticket Awards – Cyclone Saucers named Top 3 Best New Water Ride!
Historic Rail park:
- The solar express event will be held on August 21 at 10 am. This is a great event for the whole family to enjoy the 2017 solar eclipse. More details to come.
- BGALA will be sponsoring a race during the Checkered Flag Chase. We are still looking for a race in September or October to sponsor.
- Hospitality Olympics will be at 11A.M. instead of our usual 12 P.M. meeting time to allow plenty of time to enjoy all events planned.
- If you will be having a team please email Michael with the number of teams and number of people on each team as soon as possible! (ex. 1 team of 5 or 2 teams of 4 ect.)
- The Alzheimer’s walk will be the first Saturday in September. More Info to come!
- Like our Facebook page! facebook.com/bgalodging
Thank you to Beech Bend Park for hosting this month’s meeting!
Our July meeting will be the Hospitality Olympics!