National Corvette Museum:
- Winter track event on the first Saturday of December, January, and February à Clunker cars racing on the track
- Track Friday- Like black Friday, only better! Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving 10% off activities from 10 am – 4 pm
- Fall carting hours- Thursday and Friday 12-5; Saturday and Sunday 10-5
- The gift store is now selling Kentucky items
- Go see the KY 255 exhibit! One of the best exhibits the corvette museum has done!
Convention and Visitors Bureau:
- Senator Mike Wilson- Bowling Green Geared for Fun- keeping the 1% lodging tact, working on deals with Air BNB with the department of revenue (mostly working on third parties and taxes).
- PR – Welcome Beth Nocksinger! She will be hosting four food bloggers October 20-22.
- Hot Rod Power Tour- set for June 8-9 2018
Historic Rail Park:
- Haunted Lantern tours start Friday October 13th on Fridays and Saturdays
- Polar Express- sponsors needed by October 31st
- October 13- WKU Alumni Affairs Hall of Distinguished Alumni
- October 14- Yo Gotti for the Homecoming Concert
- October 17- University of Kentucky Preview Night
- October 20- The Medical Center 10k Classic
- October 22- Maternity, Baby, & Kids Expo
- November 4- Hardrock Mixed Martial Arts
- November 11- Commonwealth Health Foundation Charity Ball
- November 18- Girls Day Out
- December 15- City of Bowling Green Service Awards Ceremony
- January 1 thru 7- The Armory Knives Show
- January 13- The Medical Center Health and Wellness Expo
- January 26 thru 28- Bella Moxi Dance convention
- 31 Days until Checkered Flag Chase!
- Sign up to volunteer! Need 12 people for various things
- 6:45 am registration
- Race begins at 8 am!
- Sponsorship papers- $100 silver package for hotels! Due by the 13th
- Expo- Sloan Convention Center Friday October 20th
- 1 hour time slots to volunteer
- Christmas Party
- 3 bids so far, updates coming soon!
- The Foundry-
- 37 preschool aged kids & 40 kids k-12. Most have English as a second language
- Operation Christmas Child
- At November meeting, there will be a sheet for each child. Shoeboxes to fill will be provided.
- Teachers will all get something they need for their class rooms.
- Hotels can sponsor a Teacher basket, as well.
- We will throw a Christmas party for them!
- More information to come.
- 2018 Officers- Voting will take place in November: at large board member and President Elect.
Speaker: Sarah Kelley from Center for Courageous Kids