In December, 2017 the Bowling Green Area Lodging Association sponsored The Foundry, providing Christmas gift boxes for each of the pre-school children.
The Foundry’s Mission is to develop leaders among the children and young people of the West End of Bowling Green through education, health and fitness, and spiritual development.
The Foundry’s Goal is to join neighbors in doing whatever it takes, for as long as it takes, to bring about spiritual and community transformation.
The Foundry is committed to providing early education to the children that live on the West End of Bowling Green. A picture of each child hangs on the Christmas Tree in the lunch room at The Foundry.
What else was donated by the Association?
- 37 winter coats
- $350 in gift cards that were divided between 11 families to help them buy food
- Coffee makers and coffee for the families
- Coffee maker for The Foundry office, and a waffle maker for the kitchen
- 12 blankets
- Winter clothes
- Unopened toys
- Toys for 5 children so Santa would visit Christmas morning
- Books for The Foundry classrooms
- Extra school supplies for teachers
- Socks, underwear, gloves, winter hats, and shoes for the resource rooms
- Each teacher received their classroom supply wish list
Because of the Lodging Association’s donations, 67 children and their families had a very Merry Christmas!