Financial Report- Joy Jolly
• New Logo has been chosen and paid for!
• Umpire bids were won by Super 8 – more to come.
• Alzheimer’s Sponsorship has been paid.
• 2018 Membership dues are due on April 17th!
National Corvette Museum / Motorsports Park:
• Corvettemuseum.org – List of all events and experiences the museum has to offer!
• Trek @ the track 5-7 (eventually 8) on Tuesday Nights!
• Simulator is $10 – let guests know to schedule ahead of time!
• $20 to ride in a corvette (as long as it’s not raining!) 9-3 Monday – Saturday
• Go Karts 12-7 Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday ; 10-7 Saturday (closed Monday and Wednesday) Must be 60 inches tall!
• $199 Ride in a corvette (schedule in advance)
• $599 VIP Corvette Experience (schedule in advance)
• Guided Tours Monday – Friday
• Leave a review on trip advisor if you have used any of the attractions!
• Remodeling in the fall!
o Fee’s will go up to $12 afterwards
Convention and Visitors Bureau:
• Sales tax with Legislation is not complete because the budget was vetoed. Will have updates as soon as we know.
• Received the Economic Engine Award.
• CAR EVENTS ARE STARTING!
Historic Rail Park:
• Junk-tion market this weekend 9-4
• Tours are starting to pick up
• Escape games will be open all summer!
Sloan Convention Center:
• MMA Fight came in town
• A lot of events coming up in the pipeline
Lost River Cave:
• Zip Lines are now open (AND SO MUCH FUN!)
o Online tickets and Walk-ins are available
o Friday – Sunday for right now
o May 11 will be open 7 days a week until Labor (Goes back to Friday – Sunday)
o Lightning Bug Zip line (70lbs max)
o Flying Squirrel Zip line (70 lbs – 250 lbs)
• Joseph Plunk from the Transportation Cabinet
• Congratulations Haley Cummins from Lost River Cave for winning our Scholarship!
o Mission 22 – Summer
o Alzheimer’s Association – Fall
o Hotel Inc. – Thanksgiving
o Foundry – Christmas
• Hospitality Olympics
o Need volunteers for planning committee
o Meeting at the Holiday Inn Express April 20 at 10am
Next Meeting May 8th for the Hospitality Olympics!